SEASON 1 ACTS: Bianca Ryan
BORN: September 1, 1994
HOMETOWN: Philadelphia, PA
Bianca Ryan was just 11 years-old when she blew the judges away with her dramatic rendition of Jennifer Holiday’s Broadway showstopper “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going.” A video of the performance quickly became one of the all-time most viewed on YouTube. And it was just a matter of time before she became the first-ever winner of “America’s Got Talent.”
Bianca, one of four children born to Shawn and Janette Ryan of Mayfair, Pennsylvania, was named after the ex-wife of Rolling Stone Mick Jagger.
She competed on the show while enrolled as a sixth grader at the School Lane Charter School in Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania.
Prior to “America’s Got Talent,” Bianca was runner up on “Star Search.” She also appeared in commercials for Chuck E. Cheese restaurant and the Philadelphia Zoo.
“Bianca Ryan is potentially one of the best singers I have ever heard in my life,” says Simon Cowell, who signed her to a five CD deal on his SYCO Records label in 2006.
Her debut CD, Bianca Ryan, was released November 14, 2006 and sold 200,000 copies worldwide.
- Before appearing on AGT, Bianca appeared on Star Search,
- Bianca is a combination of Irish, German, Italian and Japanese.
- Bianca began dance lessons at age 3 and had a singing coach by 5.
- Winner of the 2005 “Kidsz Idol” contest sponsored by WOGL 98.1 FM
Where Is She Now?
- Performed the national anthem at Philadelphia Eagles – Cincinnati Bengals football game at Lincoln Financial Field. [August, 2006]